fredag den 18. november 2011

Creating Company Profiles

We've had our second day now, and for the first time, the pupils have tried acting as their characters.
Presently, it's not really a role-play - it's an educational game. The kids (being ordinary teenagers) don't feel comfortable role-playing, as it is too close to playing. However, I've noticed that we've done one thing right: There's a little something for everyone.
One girl said: "I don't care about the actual course. In fact, I think it's ridiculous, and I'm only doing it because I have to. But I keep thinking about the Award Show at the end, when we have to be dressed up in formal wear. I've never been to a galla before".
Whereas a boy said: "I can't come to the galla, as I'm going on a vacation with my family. But I'm going to line it all up for my team to win, and I'm going to drive them sooo hard!"
Another: "Wednesday is my favourite day of the whole week. It's just so much fun learning this way!"

So, different reactions to what we're doing. Not everyone likes it, but almost everyone, and everyone is active.
One pupil, who is famous for slacking if off, came over and asked me during the lessons: "Is it true that you can get fired?" I saw the fear in his eyes when I answered yes, and he quickly scampered off to make himself useful.

What happened last time:
The groups were presented with their first challenge. Using the very easy flash site Wix, they had to produce and present a website for their company. The website had to contain a name, logo, slogan, description of their profile (which had been subject to change up until that moment), cases, and each character's profile.
When the websites were presented, one of them was announced the winner, and was awarded a prize of 10.000 kr. The winning agency was the tiniest of them all: Street Stylers, which was run by a lesbian couple with a knack for street culture.

Next time, the different customers will be presented, and Street Stylers will get first pick, as they have the most appealing website.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar