tirsdag den 15. november 2011

Teaching with Role-Playing

In February 2011, I did a 10 minute talk about "Role-playing as a TeachingMethod". The response afterwards has been overwhelming: I've been contacted by teachers and gamers alike, from people all over the world.
However, what puzzles people the most is 'how'. How do I make a roleplaying game for education? Do the older students want to do it, or only small kids, for whom playing comes more natural? How do I make sure that the kids really learn something instead of just fooling around? What about Maths? Surely you can't teach them that?

What you have to understand is that the roleplay is only a method. An empty cup into which you pour the content. It's not about what you teach, but how you teach.

In order to exemplify how teaching with roleplaying works, I'm going to log my experiences with the current role-play that I'm running with my colleague, Lasse Droob.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar